Getting started towards your savings future
Introduce your children to the concept of money management and good savings habits at an early age with First Start. The First Start Savings Account is an introductory savings account for children and young adults to the age of 21. This account offers value with flexibility and a variety of methods to access money including online access, branch and rediATMs
First Start is perfect for children learning to save and the importance of money management or for young adults starting their first job.
Couple First Start with a special low entry Fixed Term Deposits and your money will be working for you for whatever you have planned for your future… Education, first car, overseas adventures…
How to apply
Call 1300 365 7 24 or drop into a Holiday Coast branch nearest to you.
- No monthly account keeping fees
- Vigil 24/7 anti-fraud protection service, Visa Zero Liability Fraud Money Back Guarantee and Verified by Visa.
- No fees on everyday transactions*
- Easy on-call access to your funds 24 hours a day
- Internet and Mobile banking
- There is no minimum or maximum balances required to keep your account open
- School banking available at selected schools
- Personalised friendly staff available at branch or at our member call centre
- Low deposit entry applies with Holiday Coast Fixed Term Deposits
*fees apply for some transaction types - refer to our fees, charges and access limits guide for details.
Available to members 0 – 21 years of age.
A flexible account with a high rate of interest paid on the entire balance. The interest is calculated daily within each tier and paid monthly into your account. Once your savings reach $500.00 you can transfer your funds into a Fixed Term Deposit where your money can receive an even higher rate of interest. View current Savings Interest Rates.
View current Investment Rates
Ongoing Account Keeping Fee & Transaction Fees
There are no on-going account keeping fees or excess Transaction Fees associated with this product. Other transaction fees may apply. When comparing, don't just look at the interest rate; consider the 'total cost'. View current Fees & Charges and Access Limits
Easy Access Facilities
- Direct credit of payroll or other income streams, electronic transfer, over counter at branch.
- Electronic Bill Payments (Direct Debit or BPAY®
- Electronic transfers via Phone or Internet Banking
- rediCARD and Visa Debit Card withdrawals via ATM, EFTPOS, Bank@Post™ (at most Post Offices), and Visa merchants
- Counter cheque
- Over the counter at branch
How to open an account
Call into your local Holiday Coast Credit Union Branch or speak to a Holiday Coast Member Contact Team Member on 1300 365 7 24 (8am - 6pm Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday. 8am - 5pm Tuesday) and get the complete rundown on a Holiday Coast Credit Union First Start Saver Account.
The Financial Claims Scheme (FCS) applies to deposits with Holiday Coast Credit Union Ltd. For more information on the FCS please visit www.fcs.gov.au.
Deposit product is issued by Holiday Coast Credit Union Ltd. Information on this website does not take into account your personal needs and financial circumstances. Before acting on the information, consider it appropriateness to your circumstances. We recommend that you read the conditions of use in considering if this product is right for you.